Since it’s been awhile since I’ve updated my blog, I’m going to come back early and clear. I am throwing in my support now for Ron Paul for President of the United States in 2012!!! Ron Paul has been and continues to be the only fiscally conservative, true to his principles, unflinching and unwavering candidate who adheres to the Constitution and will restore America to its financial and social greatness!
- Ron Paul has consistently been awarded 100% in the New American magazine’s “Freedom Index” for his voting record in adhering to the U.S. Constitution
- Ron Paul has been the sponsor of a bill to audit the Federal Reserve and determine where trillions of dollars of tax payer money has gone! His latest bill, HR 459, was sponsored in the House of Representatives on 1/26/2011, and sponsored in the Senate by his son, Senator Rand Paul, S 202.
- Was the founder of the not-for-profit, educational Campaign for Liberty, whose mission is “… to promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a non-interventionist foreign policy, by means of educational and political activity. “
- Served as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force
- Is a medical doctor who specialized in obstetrics / gynecology and delivered over 4,000 babies
In addition, some of Congressman Paul’s other key principles have included:
- He has never voted to raise taxes.
- He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has never taken a government-paid junket.
- He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted against the Patriot Act.
- He voted against regulating the Internet.
- He voted against the Iraq war.
- He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
Ron Paul is a lifelong teacher of the Austrian School of Economics. He believes in sound money based on gold, not fiat currency, which is what we currently have under the Federal Reserve system. He has written several scholarly books on economic policy, the Federal Reserve, foreign policy and current affairs. Many of his books are available for free at the Mises Institute website. For his latest information you should checkout his books “Liberty Defined“, “End the Fed“, “The Revolution: A Manifesto” or “A Foreign Policy of Freedom” at your local bookstore or online bookstore.
For some incredible videos, listen to Dr. Paul in his own words! His uncanny ability to predict events years before they happen is incredible. There are so many videos available of Ron Paul’s debates, speeches and televised interviews. For some excellent libraries of clips check out the following resources:
- Ron Paul 2012 – Restore America Now
- Congressman Ron Paul’s House of Representatives website
- Ron Paul on YouTube
- Ron Paul.com
Ron Paul CPAC 2011 Speech
Ron Paul Ad – “Conviction”
The Amazingly Accurate Predictions of Ron Paul
Incredible Ron Paul Video